29 December 2011

More Myrtle Beach Fun & Adventures at ECU!!

As I have finally uploaded the rest of my iPhone pictures, here are a few more snapshots of our time in Myrtle Beach.

Look at those little legs in the seawater!

Napping on the beach, such a luxury!

I just loved this one of them!
































































Possibly my favorite picture of Addie and Dave! Look at how tiny she looks in his hands!
"What are these things Mom?"


So after Myrtle Beach, we were scheduled to meet Grandpa Dave in Greenville, North Carolina, home of East Carolina University.  For some reason I thought it would be a great idea to take all of us to a football game...except we have an infant.  Who was barely 5 months old.  Possibly the stupidest idea I have ever had, but thank goodness Grandpa Dave was thinking.  He bought these adorable ear protectors for the noise, because ECU fans can get pretty rowdy.  Addie was pretty calm until they scored a touchdown, so glad we had the ear MooMoos!

Despite it being a rather ill-planned idea, we still had a great time.  Jason was in heaven being back at ECU and getting to watch the game in person.  For me it was special because I finally got to see where he went to college.  Jason met me while I was attending MUW, so he knew me and my college experience. He knew what my dorms were like, and who my friends were. In a way, he got to share that experience with me.  So I have felt I missed that part of his life, which may seem silly to others--but I always feel like I have missed so much of Jason's life before we met.  And when I finally get to see where he grew up or where he went to college, I feel like I know him even better. 

Anyway, I can't even tell you if ECU actually won that day--I think maybe they did.  I was too busy taking care of Addie so Jason could enjoy the game.  But after the game we took a tour of campus which was fun for me at least!

Oh one more important event happened this day as well--we got to meet up with our wonderful friends from SOS (Squadron Officer School), the Johnsons! Since we have left our SOS family, we have all wound up having babies! They had a beautiful little boy, Bradley, who will someday be Adelai's boyfriend!  It was good catching up with them, but it was much too short of a visit.  It is one thing, however, that I love about the military.  Wherever you go you always have your Air Force family to visit with!

Jason (holding my kate spade diaper bag!), me, Addie, Heather, Bradley & Bill
 Now for some ECU Pics! They are not organized well, but you will get the point!

Go ECU!

Adelai hanging out with the Gparents!

Grandpa Dave magically got her to nap amongst the madness!

There is a reason that ECU is deemed a party school...

Now this is tailgating!

The reason Jason and I met!




Jason's first dorm!! (I think..)

I hate that this picture is blurry, but I love it nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment